Big Anglefish Problem

JiMZz

Reaction score
Hi i jus bought a new angle fish and my other just keep beatin him up and then the 1 gourami is havin a go i was thinkin of quickly buyin a another angelfish ? ave any ideads

twinklestar

Reaction score
Well, i'm sure you already know this but make sure everybody is getting enough food and space it keeps the competition factor down. Also its a good idea to get another angel if there is enough space. I have two smaller angels in my tank with a puffer and gourami, i find the angels stick together and keep my puffer in line when he decides to be bad. ;D But all in all everybody gets along well.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JiMZz Welcome to FishLore if you haven't already done so please step into the welcome forum and let us welcome you properly
Now I really hate to tell you but your tank a little crowded. Angels and Gourami both are very territorial and theres just not room for all of them to find a space of their own, thats why the one you just added is getting beat up. I would definately not add anymore fish and would even take the last angel back.
Carol

JiMZz

Reaction score
i feed my fish 2 to 3 times a day with flakes but yeh i will get another 2 angel fish im also goin to get a silver dollar with them

JiMZz

Reaction score
it does say i got a 20 gallon but i worked it out on the calculator and its 30 gallons

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yup ... take the angel back, OR ... get a bigger tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Gouramis and the angel have still set up territories and will not accept another angel as you have seen. To throw another angel into the mix is just asking for more displays of aggression. Sorry.
Carol

JiMZz

Reaction score
Well i have been feedin them more and they seem to be gettin along fine

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom