big and little

1. mermaid Initiate Member

i have two female rats and they are sisters. the trouble i am having is that one of them is getting fat and the other one is getting skinny. tried seperatin them but they just got depressed but the smaller one has a cut above her eye and i am sure that the fatter one is bulling her. also i want to walk them on their harnesses but im scared they mite get squished but they hate their wheel and how else do i get them to exercise more.

2. Craig Well Known Member Member

u could buy 1 of those roller balls and let them run about the house u could also try feedin them at fixed times durin the day and not just leavin their food in their cage all the time

C W

3. mermaid Initiate Member

i have a massive roller ball but the bigger one(sweet) hates it and she just sits in it whilst the smaller one(sugar) will only use it on occassion. i will try the set times and maybe feed sugar more when she is out of the cage. wot do u think?

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

i would stop feedin sugar and keep her on a strict vegetable diet but im more of a hamster / gerbil expert dont really no 2 much about rats lol

C W

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

My sister has a rat too. Before she got one, I used to think I would probably never get one for myself. But that thinking was a result of the general public opinion about rats - that "they're disgusting, ugly" etc ... These statements proved to be nothing more than empty talk. Once again I realized that it's never, and never, wise to judge something or someone unless you have had personal experience with something or someone. You wouldn't believe how smart the rat is! I can literally teach it to do things. I have had hamsters in the past, but this rat is way smarter than any rodent I've had before (that is, that my sister had before ... but she lets me play with the rat :) ) So folks ... looks can be deceiving. Rats are smart and can be lovely pets!