Just started
Boxing Day 2010 Sale - Big Al's Canada

The whole flyer can be found .

gunner13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just read on that flyer "FREE! BIG AL'S ONE YEAR HASSLE FREE WARRANTY ON ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, TO ALL VIP MEMBERS. Forgive me but is that a micky take or what, You automaticaly get a 1 year manufacturas garantee.

Nick

OP
Loki.x

Loki.x

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah, I saw that too, and its true that they always have that policy. :/

gunner13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm sure trading standards would tell them to remove it as it makes the punter think they are getting something for nothing, false statement if you ask me. It is a statutory right to have 1 year warranty, maybe if it was an extra year it would be a great deal if your a VIP MEMBER.lol

Nick

OP
Loki.x

Loki.x

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You're totally right, it's wrong, but nowadays every company lies or over exaggerates. Great world, right?

gunner13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Loki.x said:
You're totally right, it's wrong, but nowadays every company lies or over exaggerates. Great world, right?
Yeah but really, I mean they are basicaly mocking their potential new customers and new VIP MEMBERS. Please do me a favour Loki, if you go in and buy something on boxing day or any other day Just mention the 1st year maufacturers warranty and see what they say. Should be a giggle.lol

Merry Xmas
Nick

OP
Loki.x

Loki.x

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Haha! I am planning to go on Boxing Day, if I go, I'll definitely bring it up! Lol, wish me luck.

Merry Christmas to you too!

OP
Loki.x

Loki.x

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I stopped by, and asked about it of course.

He just replied that he doesn't make the flyers, and they they are trying to promote the VIP membership and I guess the store in general.

gunner13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
HI Loki, thanks for the update. He does'nt make the flyers but they choose the wording. So to promote the membership and store they are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and basicaly insult their inteligence. Mmmm strange business ethics.

Thanks again Loki, I hope you got a good bargain when you went there.

Nick

justatank

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
gunner13 said:
HI Loki, thanks for the update. He does'nt make the flyers but they choose the wording. So to promote the membership and store they are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and basicaly insult their inteligence. Mmmm strange business ethics.

Thanks again Loki, I hope you got a good bargain when you went there.

Nick
Big Al's Online has a link on this website,

I have visited the corporate store on Kennedy and the francise on Steeles

This company "big Al's" specializes with sales of the week.

their pricing on plants seems higher then PetSmart and PJ's, but their specials are lower.

Big Al is where PetSmart directs you to if you are serious Fresh Water or interested in Salt Water.

Corporate store has more pleasent staff, Staff at big AL give best level of support, only surpassed by Menagerie Pet Shop

PJ's yonge & Lawerence Store, Pickering store have one great staff person and the rest are at same level or better then PetSmart.

Scarbrough PJ's seems in need of upgrading in staff education, ethics and especially staff Qof A

PetSmart's least capable staff seem to be the Manager's

Only real Local Fish Store I have yet visited with knowledge and ethical staff, that is not a chain is Menagerie Pet Shop.
they seem to carry higher quality products, and better fiscal mangement (if a company is well run, they will be there in the long run to count on).

Large Tanks are ordered in, so they maintain smaller inventory

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
justatank said:
Big Al is a sponser of this website,
FishLore doesn't have sponsors. Meaning they don't pay money to keep FL running. Mike, the admin keeps us up and running.
I believe the link at the top is just an ad like anyone can place on their website.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lucy is (mostly) right.
Fishlore doesn't have any specific sponsors. The ads at the top of the site are from Google Ads or a similar advertising program. Fishlore does make some money from those ads, but I don't know whether or not they fully fund the site.
We used to have an actually sponsor thing going through DFS, who had a large banner at the top of the page. Shopping through that banner earned Fishlore a percentage of each sale, I believe. Unfortunately, DFS stopped its sponsorship program. It's too bad because, since doing so, I have seen a lot fewer people suggesting it as a place to buy things. I don't know if this is incidental (I have been less happy with the products they stock in the past year or so) or if it is related (having that big banner can make a huge difference).

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you for clarifying SDS. I thought I didn't have it quite right.

New Threads