Bgk … Luv

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had this BGK for about 2 years now and over that time, life has been hectic. With demands from my job and family, I really didn't have time for regular partial water changes and feedings. Now that things have slowed down, I can enjoy my tanks again and take care of the things I'd been neglecting.

The BGK hid a lot but I could see it had grown quite a bit. It's now feeding from my hand and is out in the daylight hours more often. My family remark on how cool it is, now that they pay attention.

This hobby is truly mine. The wife and kids show very little interest but I now have 2 grandkids to work on.

BHK3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's awesome.

... what's a BGK?

BHK3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
BHK3 said:
That's awesome.

... what's a BGK?
Aha! Google is my friend: Black ghost knifefish!

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is the 3rd BGK I've kept over my 20+ years in the hobby. The first passed on after trying to swallow a small pleco. The second was an impulse buy to replace the 1st one. It didn't look well when I bought it and died days later. That was years ago. I love this fish so I tried again. It's currently around 10" long now and is the king of the tank. It shares a 75 gallon with Colombian tetras, Gold barbs, Pictus catfish, and a Firemouth. The plan is to get a 120 gallon or 150 gallon to house the BKG. I have a 10 gallon, a 50 gallon, and a 65 gallon to split up the others.

Wetpets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Finally took a pic of my 75 gallon.
6e9efdfa79d164656b71af395ad47b9e.jpg

Satisfied with this simple setup. Debating on live plants though.

BHK3

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wetpets said:
Finally took a pic of my 75 gallon.
6e9efdfa79d164656b71af395ad47b9e.jpg

Satisfied with this simple setup. Debating on live plants though.
Looks great! I vote definitely yes on plants, even if it's just a bunch of java ferns on the back side if the wood.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads