Better deal?

1. LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

So I just got 4 small Tiger Nerites and I'm thinking I'd like to get a few more. I've had little luck finding snails locally. I found these on Amazon and am curious which one is the better deal. I like the variety in the 6 but I don't have any trap doors and wondering if they are a better variety to own. I don't want snails to take over and that is very appealing about the Nerites. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. A

AwesomeFish Valued Member Member

I am not a snail pro, but If you are truly torn between them you can always get both :) (Depending on how much space you have). BTW, Make sure the seller is reputable, so you won't be scammed and end up with dead snails .
    Also, Be careful when ordering live stuff online.

3. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

It looks like they're from Aquatic Arts? Other members here have said good things about them. If you go to their actual website, though, that same combo pack is $13.95. I don't know what the shipping is on the website. I'd go check it out! Might want to look into trinsfish.com or imperialtropicals.com as well.

Also, the Amazon estimated delivery date is well into July. I hope the snails wouldn't actually be in transit all that time!

4. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

Thanks I'll check their site too.

Any thoughts on Nerites or trap doors?

5. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

Oh, the trap doors are actually a little cheaper on your Amazon link than on Aquatic Arts' website. But again, not sure how shipping will play out.

Nerites will eat algae, and they won't breed. They'll lay eggs everywhere but they won't hatch. The eggs need brackish water to hatch. The eggs look like sesame seeds.

That's about all I know. I don't know much of anything about the trap doors.

6. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Check the legality of Japanese trapdoor snails in your area. I believe they're an invasive species in some places.

They are nice though:)