Bettas

Psoto222

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my bettas spond the Fry's are 5 days old and still the are swimming bladder like the first day if anyone can give me some advice with that will be much appreciated thanks!!

Psoto222

Reaction score
Thanks I already took the male out cuz was a lost cause having him for 5 days there and the baby's bouncing not even swimming horizontal

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Psoto222 said:
Thanks I already took the male out cuz was a lost cause having him for 5 days there and the baby's bouncing not even swimming horizontal
What are you feeding them currently? I recommend hard boiled egg yolk. Squish a small piece through cloth and shake it up with warer in a pill bottom before pouring in. The safest treatment for fry is methylene blue. I know that you have to put up with blue water, but it kills many pathogens without harming the fry.

Psoto222

Reaction score
Thanks for your help I currently feeding the Fry's with vinager eels, and GROW formula I also have microworms for them my concern is they are 6 days old today the methylene blue is no going to harm the fry? Again thanks for your help and have a great day!!

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Psoto222 said:
Thanks for your help I currently feeding the Fry's with vinager eels, and GROW formula I also have microworms for them my concern is they are 6 days old today the methylene blue is no going to harm the fry? Again thanks for your help and have a great day!!
Is there water movement in the tank with a sponge filter or something that gives the water some gentle movement? If so, take some water from the fry tank and add 1/2 the recommended dosage of methylene blue to the container and swirl it around to mix with the water and slowly add it to the fry tank. Wait 15 minutes for it to mix well in the tank and then repeat the procedure with the other 1/2 dose. This will be safe. I would actually prefer that you use Maroxy. The brand name now made by Mardel is called Maracyn Oxy. It's actually as safe as methylene blue without coloring the water. The only problem is finding a fish store that carries it without having to order online. You need treatment now, so methylene blue may be your best option.

Psoto222

Reaction score
Well I realized now that what I have is and ich treatment call rapid cure and I don't see methylene blue is one of the ingredients don't really know if this one works thanks for your patience and wise help I don't really have a filter on it just almond leave

Attachments

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Psoto222 said:
Well I realized now that what I have is and ich treatment call rapid cure and I don't see methylene blue is one of the ingredients don't really know if this one works thanks for your patience and wise help I don't really have a filter on it just almond leave
I did notice that the bottle said it treats protozoa as well as ich. I'm not familiar with that medication. But add it the way I explained for methylene blue...1/2 well mixed with some aquarium water. Then do the other 1/2 of the recommended dosage 15 minutes later. Since you have no water movement, I would recommend a small squirt bottle or sprea bottle with a stream setting to distribute the medication around the tank equally. You don't want to have to add it to the tank and then stir the tank with the fry in there. If you had an air stone with a pump with an adjustable air flow so you could have some very gentle water movement that would be ideal.

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
finnipper59 said:
I did notice that the bottle said it treats protozoa as well as ich. I'm not familiar with that medication. But add it the way I explained for methylene blue...1/2 well mixed with some aquarium water. Then do the other 1/2 of the recommended dosage 15 minutes later. Since you have no water movement, I would recommend a small squirt bottle or sprea bottle with a stream setting to distribute the medication around the tank equally. You don't want to have to add it to the tank and then stir the tank with the fry in there. If you had an air stone with a pump with an adjustable air flow so you could have some very gentle water movement that would be ideal.
You could actually use a regular air pump if you have a splitter valve. You could adjust the knob with the air stone barely open and then open the other unused section valve to open or close as needed to adjust the pressure.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom