Male betta with Female GBR?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Hello
    I always wanted to know if my male betta can live with my female blue ram?

2. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

What size tank? It depends on the personality of the Betta. GBRs are also sensitive fish.

3. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

It's a 10 well planted. I'll take a couple photos. Is it weird that my female GBR constantly stays at the top?

14996489994721547632257.jpg

4. Boots8 Member Member

I wouldn't recommend it, you are gonna see a lot of fin nipping. Also, if the betta gets stressed, since you have a lot of plastic plants, his fins are gonna tear / rip a lot.

You can try though, it all comes down to the betta's personality & aggression level.

5. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the info. I'm mostly likely not gonna go through with the experiment

6. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

GBRs need a minimum of 20 gallons. They should stay at the mid to bottom of the tank unless it's feeding time. For a Betta community, you also need 20 gallons minimum. I would return the GBR or get a larger tank.

7. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

The store wont take her back

8. april_fish Member Member

You could try posting on Craigslist, or just get a bigger tank.

9. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

In Arizona hardly anyone wants to buy fish on Craigslist or a bunch of weirdos will show up at my apartment :D

10. april_fish Member Member

Oh, ok :)

Is it an option for you to get a larger tank? Maybe a 20g?

11. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

No my dad doesn t want a bigger tank until my brother and me persuade him to get me a 55gallon and he won't buy another one for me. So I cant supply a bigger tank for her. :(

12. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I would recommend rehoming her. There are typically local Facebook groups. I would try to upgrade if there is any possible way. Petco is currently running the dollar a gallon sale from 7-9-17 to 8-19-17. I just purchased a new 20H today.