Bettas sure are smart

neverendingninja
You know, I just got my betta about a week ago, and he has already learned that an open hood means food. It took my cichlids at least twice, if not three times that long, to learn the same thing.

He's a black body, blue dorsal/tail, red pelvic finned veil tail(ew, gross...I know!)

Anyway, just a little praise to the bettafish!

phlox
They are very intelligent indeed.
There's no such thing as a gross looking Betta. They are all beautiful!!

MrWaxhead
I have seen ugly bettas, they are usually floating or stuck to a filter in a tank they never should have been in a walmart

phlox
There is no such thing as ugly animals, only ugly people.

Allie
I know I haven't had my girls for a week & they all come to me. They are always doing cute things to get my attention. I think Betta are pretty smart too.

armadillo
Yep, am right there with you, guys (and Allie). They're always the quickest to work something out when I introduce a new toy/food/set-up to their tanks.

MrWaxhead
It was more a poke at walmart then a betta, I really get sad every time I go in there.

COBettaCouple
yea, the longer you have bettas, the more you'll see how intelligent they are. ours learned how to tell when food was coming before we get anywhere near feeding them. they recognized when we'd do certain things in the AM or PM that food would follow and start dancing for food. yours will learn too and be VERY ready by the time you get to the tank.

so many ways they show their intelligence and every one does it differently depending on personality. and I really think talking to them a bit every day helps inspire that.

Allie
yea, the longer you have bettas, the more you'll see how intelligent they are. ours learned how to tell when food was coming before we get anywhere near feeding them. they recognized when we'd do certain things in the AM or PM that food would follow and start dancing for food. yours will learn too and be VERY ready by the time you get to the tank.

so many ways they show their intelligence and every one does it differently depending on personality. and I really think talking to them a bit every day helps inspire that.
Nigel RIP was so good at getting your attention. He would flare for food every time I shook the food bottle at him. I miss him

COBettaCouple
that's great, I know how you miss that.. Sora (who we lost not long before our move) would NEVER flare, even at a mirror - but the one thing he'd flare at was if I put a finger in the water without food on it. then he'd look at me like "where's the food?! "

Allie
that's great, I know how you miss that.. Sora (who we lost not long before our move) would NEVER flare, even at a mirror - but the one thing he'd flare at was if I put a finger in the water without food on it. then he'd look at me like "where's the food?! "
lol
My Sammy doesn't flare for anything...not even a mirror. What's up with that?

armadillo
Wow. You're lucky. I was contemplating putting my male in a fish bowl because he would flare as soon as he would catch the slightest glimpse of his reflection in the tank glass.

Allie
Wow. You're lucky. I was contemplating putting my male in a fish bowl because he would flare as soon as he would catch the slightest glimpse of his reflection in the tank glass.
Jasper is like that. He flares over anything lol. Sammy actually flared for me tonight...but not the prancing they usually do. lol

COBettaCouple
I think some are just so even-tempered.. teddy bear is another one who's a non-flarer. he only flares at fingers stuck in the tank without food on them. just like Sora.

lol
My Sammy doesn't flare for anything...not even a mirror. What's up with that?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlueRaccoon
Replies
Views
littleredridingmech
Replies
Views
Dechi
Replies
Views