Betta's Protecting Bubble Nest?

1. Fredbetta86

Fredbetta86 Well Known Member Member

I'm just wondering, I've noticed that sometimes my Bettas will sit right under where they made they bubble nest almost like they are guarding/protecting it. Is that something they do? Even if there are no eggs in them?

2. California L33

California L33 Well Known Member Member

Could be, but I think they're usually still working on them, blowing a bubble once in a while then looking at their work.

3. andychrissytank

andychrissytank Well Known Member Member

He's showing off his masterpiece to any nearby female betta that will spawn with him. After, she has to leave and that is when he starts guarding it

4. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

I love looking at them. They remind me of little clear beads. :)

5. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

Nature is so cool. I think it's so cute how busy they are making their bubble nests. One of my boys has a bubble nest right now that is like 3 layers high. Crafty little guys aren't they lol

6. dansamy

dansamy Valued Member Member

I love when mine makes a bubble nest!

7. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Our new one made his first bubble nest! IMG_20170730_125126819.jpg IMG_20170801_211907492_HDR.jpg

8. Sen

Sen Valued Member Member

Huxfish does this all the time, but he loves the camera too so that might also be part of it:

20170714_125511.jpg 20170531_135839.jpg 20170620_155218.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

10. OP
    OP
    Fredbetta86

Such a beautiful Betta! That's funny he likes the camera, my Veiltale hates the camera. I literally have to sneak photos cause he will flare like crazy if he sees it lol