Gourami or betta?

1. Betta

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Gourami

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

(Hopefully this doesn t start any fighting)
    Which one would you rather prefer, gourami or the betta? In my case I would say the gourami because they are pretty good in a community tank (Some not all) and are very pretty, not as much as bettas but Gouramis come in many different sizes and types.

2. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

Depends on your preference.
    Gouramis, and Betta don't mix. Don't keep them together.

I personally like gouramis for communities, and bettas for solitary tanks.

3. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

For a community tank definitely a gourami. There are so many gouramis to choose from all with different requirements, temperaments and sizes.

4. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

I've got a community tank, and I'm getting a honey gourami, along with a BN Pleco!

5. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

No it's just which one you prefer :)

6. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

I cannot give an accurate analysis for the difference.
    Because, I own a Betta, and soon a gourami.

7. Cory & the Catz Member Member

I've owned both, a betta in its own tank and 2 gourami's in my community tank, id say the DG's i have are great for a community and id be much sketchier on a betta but overall its a tough pick between the two. Id say i like the personality of my gourami's though.

8. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Oh lol well good luck!

9. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I'm not a big fan of the bigger gouramis, but my licorice gouramis are dang cute and starting to be less shy towards me.
    I like the bettas I have had and they have great personalities that come out really quickly.

10. Emmylee43 Initiate Member

I lean toward both of them, my betta gets along wonderfully with my tetras and mollies. However, my gouramis are a little aggressive toward one another occasionally. I'm wanting to say Gourami, just due to how pretty they can get and how they add a nice touch to any tank. They also seem peaceful to me. I think it's more of a history thing, never treated my bettas good as a little kid and I guess they just seem more 'common' in my eyes, despite their varieties.

11. Themaniac19 Member Member

I have a female betta, a honey gourami, and a pearl gourami together. They all get along great. The only problem I've had was the leopard danios took a chunch of the betta's tail out when I first put her in.

12. JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

i have had both gouramis and bettas. although i have more experience with gouramis then bettas. i love them both equally because they are both beautiful and unique in their own way. i cant decided which i like more lol. my current tank just has a betta, a few live plants and soon a snail or something like that haven't fully decided yet lol.