Bettas Moves From Ny To Az, Need Advice For Water Treatment

Da Boz

Hey everyone

So I have a bit of a big question...I’ve just moved across the country from New York to Phoenix Arizona, and with me I’ve taken twenty Betta fish (no joke.) Yep, Had to remove all the little guys from their cozy tanks to little Tupperware containers...fortunately they didn’t seem to mind too much. They all made it with me safe and sound and are spunky and energetic despite being displaced, but I’m nervous about putting them in new tanks.

Normally I treated the tap water with drops that’d take care of the chlorine in the water, but I’ve read that Arizona’s water is much harder and I’m worried about it being a shock to their systems.

I’ve searched the internet and can’t find much about this topic...maybe I’m not using the right search words. But my question is is there anything more I can do to treat the water to ensure my guys safety? I’d be crushed if anything happened to them especially when they’ve come so far with me as it is! They’re all adults over a year old, the youngest just shy of a year. I’d be really grateful for any assistance with this, I’m sure they’d appreciate getting out of those cramped little containers and stretching their fins again, too.

-Kenny

Demeter

You should probably drip acclimate them slowly. I'd test the old water and the new water beforehand and see just how different the parameters are.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AnyaJ
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
  • Question
Replies
Views
parmesanthegreat
Replies