bettas & frogs

BoonDock

Reaction score
hello all ;D...
i was thinking of buying another betta to add to my 10 gallon (already have 1 betta in a different tank) but in the 10 gallon i have 2 african dwarf frogs and just wondering if the betta would attack them?  ???... they hide for the most part and usually only come out when they are getting fed or to do their lil skydive

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't know anything about the frogs but my guess is that if they are substantially bigger than the betta u the betta won't mess with them but if the frogs might think u got them a small meal too if they are carnivores....same is true if they are smaller than the betta but this is all just a wild guess..

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have ADFs with all of my bettas. They do fine.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's always a gamble putting anything with anything, but I've seen a tank with ADFs and fish about the size of a betta and they did okay. Bettas are likely to try to scare and chase anything that is brought into 'their' tank even if they got their last, but it will pass.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Betta's and AFD's get along great together.

S.

BoonDock

Reaction score
thanks everyone ..i ended up getting a couple of female bettas ;D

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
beautiful aren't they i had always heard that females were ugly as all get out Tenshi my female was as beautiful as my Inari.... who ever said the females are ugly are full of fish poo

good luck with the girls

brent

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom