Betta's Fins

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Zetta, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ZettaNew MemberMember

I am new to this forum and new to owning bettas.

My new betta's fins are mostly clear and slightly iridescent. After doing research, it seems like clear fins on a betta may be due to illness? I just want to know if this is true, and if so, what I can do to help my new little guy.

He is in a filtered 5g tank that went through a fishless cycle prior to me getting a betta. It is heated at a steady 78 degrees. He has an apple/mystery snail friend as a roommate. I do 25% water change weekly. Usually the sand is cleaner than in the picture below, but my snail went on a poop rampage the day the picture was taken lol

20170423_094134.jpg
    20170422_150043.jpg

2. TaraaaNew MemberMember

Hello, I am most definitely not an expert but I have seen many bettas like this. Personally I think it is just their colour, as long as it has changed and he is eating normally he should be ok. But I'm not sure.:):greyalien:

3. andychrissytankValued MemberMember

hello :]
    what are your water parameters and what do you feed him?

4. JnxValued MemberMember

Looks like just his fin colour to me. I wouldn't worry.

Btw, he's freakin' gorgeous, and I love your tank!

5. WhatsUpGuysValued MemberMember

Yep, that's just his natural coloring. I wouldn't be too worried unless he's acting weird. He's also got some severe fin curling on top but that shouldn't affect his health.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice