Betta's Bigger Home!

MissMTS
Buddy lucked out a few weeks back when his 2.5 gallon home started leaking. I sprung for a 5 gallon. It is an all glass tank with a small little versa top and a strip light. It costed about 70 dollars and I could have gotten a 10 gallon kit for cheaper, but I didn't have the space for one. He is really happy in this tank and is so much more active. I am glad that all of my bettas are in 5 gallons now! It makes me happy as to be their mommy when I see them happy

Lucy
That's great! Buddy has a nice tank, good job.

Are you going to put a background on it?

MissMTS
lol! It does have a background on it. I was looking at the pic though and it looks like it doesn't The back of the tank is painted dark brown (the only color of paint I had left when I set up the tank, but it gives it kinda a natural look). You can see the filter and heater up against it which I wish you couldn't.

COBettaCouple
He looks happy in his new home and the tank looks great. I love watching how they react to more room.

MissMTS
Thanks! I know what you mean. All of a sudden he was so inquisitive and he just loves exploring every corner. I think I like this tank better than my 10 gallon divided tanks for my bettas because it gives them more swimming room lengthwise. The divided 10 gallons are here to stay though until I strike it rich and decide I can afford to give each betta a 70 dollar home. lol

COBettaCouple
When you have space, look for the 6.6g bookshelf tanks.. they have more of a run than a 10 gallon tank but aren't as deep or tall.. just right for a Betta. 5 of our 7 have those now.

MissMTS
I look at those every time I go to Petco. The problem is, though they are called "bookshelf tanks" they are too wide for my bookshelfs where I keep my fish. I have two tall, narrow bookshelfs in my livingroom. The 10 gallons fit on them perfect, but the width of each shelf is just 2 inches too short for the bookshelf tanks. Maybe I just need to buy some new furniture

COBettaCouple
I saw a metal shelf-rack thing at target.. 70 lbs per shelf rated, just right for a bookshelf tank. ;D

Lucy
lol! It does have a background on it. I was looking at the pic though and it looks like it doesn't The back of the tank is painted dark brown (the only color of paint I had left when I set up the tank, but it gives it kinda a natural look). You can see the filter and heater up against it which I wish you couldn't.

On a second look, I can see the reflection of the heater, but you can always hide those with some plants or decorations.
Buddy looks so content!

MissMTS
I saw a metal shelf-rack thing at target.. 70 lbs per shelf rated, just right for a bookshelf tank. ;D

Oh man....you SHOULD NOT have told me that. Now I am gonna have shelves of bettas in bookshelf tanks lining the walls of our apt. This could get dangerous.....;D

COBettaCouple
LOL..
Oh man....you SHOULD NOT have told me that. Now I am gonna have shelves of bettas in bookshelf tanks lining the walls of our apt. This could get dangerous.....;D

chickadee
It is a beautiful tank and he does look so happy. You can be very proud of yourself for providing it for him.

Rose

pamd

That is a nice looking tank for your lovely boy. I'm curious about his cave. Did you make it? If so, how?

COBettaCouple
I think that cave is from petsmart.

mrsmuffin
I have the larger version of that cave from PetSmart

voiceless_kat
Buddy lucked out a few weeks back when his 2.5 gallon home started leaking. I sprung for a 5 gallon. It is an all glass tank with a small little versa top and a strip light. It costed about 70 dollars and I could have gotten a 10 gallon kit for cheaper, but I didn't have the space for one. He is really happy in this tank and is so much more active. I am glad that all of my bettas are in 5 gallons now! It makes me happy as to be their mommy when I see them happy

Great tank...he is a lucky little guy, that Buddy! Surely, you also will earn karma and go to betta heaven,
:;a2
I have that same cave. First Neptune had it, now Casey has it. They both love it. Oto (snail) and Casey go in there together!! Buddy will enjoy it too.

Val

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bettythebetta
Replies
Views
jamie carmichael
Top Bottom