Bettas Are Underwater Dogs! Funny

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by DanielleFish, Apr 18, 2018.

1. DanielleFish

DanielleFish Well Known Member Member

Here's a funny story to brighten your day:
    I recently forgot to give Shy Guy his morning feeding (I know, I know, it's awful! But I have a good excuse: I was late to school and I didn't want to make my 1st hour teacher mad).
    When I got home, Shy was sulking in the plants and I said, "Bloodworms, Shy Guy! Want some bloodworms?" And I grabbed the bloodworms container from my drawer and showed it to him. He went crazy! You'd think he was a tiny aquatic dog from the way he was wagging his little tail! I said bloodworms again and he kept dancing around. I finally fed him - he was so happy to have some bloodworms after such a long time of having pellets hurriedly dropped to him while I rushed off to school!
    I wish I had the whole thing on video.
    What are some of your cute/funny betta stories?

2. -Sofia-

-Sofia- Valued Member Member

Betta's truly are an aquatic dog (along with puffers) :p

3. OP
    OP
    DanielleFish

They are! My friend Dominic said that he had a betta fish once and that it was kind of dumb. But unfortunately before I had the chance to tell him that it was probably because he didn't take care of and interact with it properly, the bell rang!!

4. Sarah M

Sarah M New Member Member

Bettas have so much personality

My first betta (appropriately, albeit not creatively, named Fishy) seemed to enjoy when I played ukulele. He would immediately come up to the glass and start doing a little dance and would swim in a pretty pattern! I even wrote a little song for him that was sort of tropical sounding...and now I write each of my bettas a song and play it for them (lol am I really this odd? Yikes.)

5. OP
    OP
    DanielleFish

That's cute and fun! I play guitar, maybe I should do that... :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice