Bettas And Daphnia

midna
has anyone had any luck feeding frozen daphnia to their bettas? i'm sure this stuff is perfect for fry, but they're literally the size of fleas. which makes sense, because they're water fleas lol.

I tried feeding my small betta some hikarI daphnia and he either didn't see them because they're so tiny or didn't recognize them as food before they got sucked away by the filter. now I have a pack of frozen daphnia my betta won't eat

Repolie
You could try crushing pellets into bits and then mix it with some daphnia into a paste, form into small pellets, let dry and try feeding again. I do this to my pellets, so I could feed a variety of foods but just in one pellet. Not sure if it'll work with frozen food though. But it's an idea so the daphnia doesn't go to waste.

goldface
Mine eats them fine. Problem is if you’re just feeding a single fish, it’s easy to feed too much. So I only feed it when I’m feeding my community tank.

JB92668
if the bettas are very young I wouldnt if they are two months old then yes it can be done I would recommend marine rottefers be for the daphnia and micro worms to start with once the get to 3 months old baby brine shrimp is good

Fanatic
I haven’t tried daphnia, but my bettas would like it.
Right now, I am feeding them pellets, worms, and the occasional wood louse.

midna
You could try crushing pellets into bits and then mix it with some daphnia into a paste, form into small pellets, let dry and try feeding again. I do this to my pellets, so I could feed a variety of foods but just in one pellet. Not sure if it'll work with frozen food though. But it's an idea so the daphnia doesn't go to waste.

huh, I might try that! he loves fluval bug bites. won't eat new life spectrum. but you're right, frozen food is tricky because it expires quickly once thawed.

Mine eats them fine. Problem is if you’re just feeding a single fish, it’s easy to feed too much. So I only feed it when I’m feeding my community tank.

yeah, it seems like it'd be a good community food since it forms a cloud of lil bugs.

if the bettas are very young I wouldnt if they are two months old then yes it can be done I would recommend marine rottefers be for the daphnia and micro worms to start with once the get to 3 months old baby brine shrimp is good

he's not fully grown yet, but he's not a baby or juveline. probably around 4-5 months? I have baby brine shrimp that I haven't tried yet. i'm hoping they're slightly bigger than the daphnia.

I haven’t tried daphnia, but my bettas would like it.
Right now, I am feeding them pellets, worms, and the occasional wood louse.

it's still rolypoly season and I thought I might try getting a baby from one of our dead plants and see what he'll do, but I love them lol

JB92668
I would feed the baby brine shrimp to him he is old enough to take it

midna
I tried the baby brine shrimp today but didn't give it to him. they were even smaller than the daphnia lol. I doubt he'd eat it, it would just make a mess. I clearly did not think this through, haha. I was just going off of what people said were good foods. he did eat the regular brine shrimp.

does anyone think i'd be able to just give my lfs the rest of the frozen baby brine shrimp and daphnia? i'm not going to drive all the way to the lfs I bought them from, and I doubt they'd let me return it. I don't want it to go to waste, so i'd like someone that can use it to have it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bumblinBee
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
rhyan
Top Bottom