Betta's And Cherry Shrimp

jenag145
I have a Betta, I was wondering if it's OK to put the cherry shrimp together?? I have a 10gal.

Plus I have several hiding spots for both

I'm afraid the Betta will eat the cherry shrimp

Advertisement
BottomDweller
Depends on the individual betta. Some are fine with shrimp, others aren't. Amano shrimp would be safer though as they aren't as colourful and get bigger.

Advertisement
Rana
I have some experience with betta and shrimps. I have a 5gal for my betta , when I put 1 cherry shrimp the betta started harrasing it like nothing, that shrimp died 2nd day. I put 2 pepper corys from my main tank and they got chased pretty bad too, I almost gave up and I saw an article that betta's don't really hurt colorless fishes , so I went on and boutght a ghost shrimp. My betta looked at it for several hours sometime trying to flare but it worked out ultimately. I have many live plants in that tank too. You can try if you want , but have a backup plan

jenag145
I have some experience with betta and shrimps. I have a 5gal for my betta , when I put 1 cherry shrimp the betta started harrasing it like nothing, that shrimp died 2nd day. I put 2 pepper corys from my main tank and they got chased pretty bad too, I almost gave up and I saw an article that betta's don't really hurt colorless fishes , so I went on and boutght a ghost shrimp. My betta looked at it for several hours sometime trying to flare but it worked out ultimately. I have many live plants in that tank too. You can try if you want , but have a backup plan

See that's what I'm afraid of. What other type of fish or shrimp can I put with the beta?

Rana
I
See that's what I'm afraid of. What other type of fish or shrimp can I put with the beta?
I am in the same place where you are, it totally depends on ur Bettas attitude and how he sees other fishes. Mine is too much aggressive. U can try less coloured fishes . Google em. If ur Betta isn't that aggressive u can give some others a try. Have backup always

Gilly
It would be a stretch to say that any shrimp with a betta is a GOOD idea, but pretty much your best option would have to be an Amano shrimp or Ghost shrimp. Flower shrimp can be an option, but they get big and would do better in a 20 gallon long tank or larger.

jenag145
Thank you Gilly

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Reed M
  • Question
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views