Betta Zing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbandflow

Valued Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think about betta zing. As far as I can tell its like crack for bettas or something. Does it work? What exactly does it do? Thanks.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have some but it looks nasty and is made mostly of Malachite Green, I am betting. I don't think I would use it on just everything. I know it is supposed to be the cure=all but I am not sure I want to try it now that I have seen it. I also cannot use it in my tanks as the otos would not tolerate the Malachite Green, the Betta would HAVE to be moved to a quarantine tank. There is also a warning about the dangers of possible human health problems due to exposure to Malachite Green solutions. It is also easily deactivated by organic matter. There is also the fact that it STAINS ever;ything it touches irretrievably. I had a pinhole in one of the bags I got and placed inside another bag, but before I could do it I got a spot on the wall. I painted over it twice and it still bled through. So now I have a couple of small dark green spots on my ivory wall in the stairwell leading to the basement.

It also may affect the Nitrogen Cycle in freshwater aquariums.

When I ordered it, I mainly wanted the things that came with it. (fish penicillin, and other prescription drugs for the really tough illnesses)

According to what I looked up in my books, that type of medication is used mostly for treating fungus, bacteria, and flukes in freshwater tanks and ponds. If you do use it, avoid contact with it yourself and if it spills on you get as much of it off you as possible. It is also kind of expensive, or so I thought.

Sorry if this is kind of rambling, but it is kind of late and the mind is not in order and I am researching from several sources and my own experience so I am just tr;ying to tie everything together.

Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom