Betta won't sleep on plants..?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by fallonrhea, Aug 4, 2015.

1. f

fallonrhea Valued Member Member

I got my betta a little martini glass and put some java moss in it. He doesn't want to sleep in that. I got him fake silk plants, doesn't care for that either. Then I got him some anubis plants (real) and he doesn't like those either. I want to give him a comfortable spot to sleep but I am not sure what kind of plant he would like. When I had a java moss carpet he always slept on that. The Java moss carpet just got way to messy so I gave up on it. Is there anything you guys may know of that is fool proof? I'm not panicked about it but I feel bad for taking away his bed...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I don't have a bed for mine, and he's fine. I think he just sleeps on the gravel....
    I have plants in there too but he doesn't go on them.

3. OP
    OP
    f

I just wonder if it could mess up their fins if they sleep on the gravel? Are your guys fins all good?

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, they're fine.

5. OP
    OP
    f

Cool. I'm also having problems with my other betta fish.. he has a bloated belly. It's been like that since I bought him a few weeks ago. He also got fin melt. The fin melt is starting to go away but his belly is still really bad. I know the store I bought him from feeds floating food. Could this be one of the issues? I feed all of my fish frozen blood worms and frozen brine shrimp.

6. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

As for the plants, if he doesn't want to sleep on them he won't, just a picky betta imo. :)

7. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

Mine sleeps on the magnet cleaner thing so I keep it close to the surface so he doesn't have to move to get surface air

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice