5 Gallon Tank Betta without a filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigress Hill

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had to place Draco in a 3 gallon for a week with no filter before I took him home. I double-dosed prime every day and did a 50% water change every other day. He's settled in to his new bookshelf tank now

Hope that helps.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree.
Bettas don't neeeeeed a filter (did I just say that? lol) as long as you're diligent with water changes.

Watch the parameters and up the changes if need be.

kellyiswicked

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My boyfriend kept his betta without a filter for a long time and it was perfectly fine. The betta actually disliked having a filter because with his super long fins, the filter blew him and his food around like crazy. Even with a filter in place, it was turned off frequently.

Faber1790

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have my betta unfiltered right now. After the last filter broke I tried putting an airstone inside the sponge and she hated. I do a daily 15-20% water change and a 50% weekly. She's happier than ever and I never have nitrates.

LorenHusky

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had a Betta for over a year in an unfiltered tank that was probably about 1 gallon in size. I changed about 60-70% of the water once a week. He seemed perfectly happy until my brother decided to be nice and do a water change for me, and he went down the drain.. .

Msheresy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had a Betta for over a year in an unfiltered tank that was probably about 1 gallon in size. I changed about 60-70% of the water once a week. He seemed perfectly happy until my brother decided to be nice and do a water change for me, and he went down the drain.. .
Omg that's terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom