Betta With Weird Bubble On His Legs Fins?!

FerretsLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
20180910_135118.jpg
20180910_134909.jpg
20180910_135118.jpg

Hi everyone!
I've been a silent watcher for a while now, but now i registered myself because i really need some help, the ethernet wasn't on my side this time... there you go ;
Montana tank
10 gallons planted
1 red delta Betta
3 bronze drawf cory
1 elegan cory
(And yes my cory colors matches my ferrets, and my Betta represent the one at the rainbow bridge) LOL
Air stone in the back left
Filtration monster marina slim 15 HOB (i only use the frame, sponge is fluval edge (he ripped his fins 2 weeks ago..) and inside i have all the things from aquaclear 30 (ceramic tubes, sponge, etc
.)and a little pad of polyfilter)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate +/- 10ppm, i'm doing 10% bi-weekly water change and sand cleaning, love that my guys home is clean and safe.

Today when i went to turn the light on and say hi to my watery babies, i saw something reaaaally strange on Montana. He has a sort of weird bubble on his pelvic fins, but otherwise eating like a pig and doing his little dance and following me around. He is probably about 1 year old, he is in my care for maybe 4 months and we went thru a lot of things together already. Gave up on fishkeeping 3 or 4 years ago, after 5 years with his predecessor (SIP Rambo) i was heartbroken so i said to myself no more, and then well yeah... Montana is in a 10gal and his brother Tremclad in a 20gal. I love those guys.

Long story short (ahaha..) some pictures i took of him and his tank colocs, everyone is doing fine but i'm afraid of missing something, and i want him to be the happiest he can be... what do you ladies and gentlemen think this is?

Lacey D

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
View attachment 477268 View attachment 477267 View attachment 477268
Hi everyone!
I've been a silent watcher for a while now, but now i registered myself because i really need some help, the ethernet wasn't on my side this time... there you go ;
Montana tank
10 gallons planted
1 red delta Betta
3 bronze drawf cory
1 elegan cory
(And yes my cory colors matches my ferrets, and my Betta represent the one at the rainbow bridge) LOL
Air stone in the back left
Filtration monster marina slim 15 HOB (i only use the frame, sponge is fluval edge (he ripped his fins 2 weeks ago..) and inside i have all the things from aquaclear 30 (ceramic tubes, sponge, etc
.)and a little pad of polyfilter)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate +/- 10ppm, i'm doing 10% bi-weekly water change and sand cleaning, love that my guys home is clean and safe.

Today when i went to turn the light on and say hi to my watery babies, i saw something reaaaally strange on Montana. He has a sort of weird bubble on his pelvic fins, but otherwise eating like a pig and doing his little dance and following me around. He is probably about 1 year old, he is in my care for maybe 4 months and we went thru a lot of things together already. Gave up on fishkeeping 3 or 4 years ago, after 5 years with his predecessor (SIP Rambo) i was heartbroken so i said to myself no more, and then well yeah... Montana is in a 10gal and his brother Tremclad in a 20gal. I love those guys.

Long story short (ahaha..) some pictures i took of him and his tank colocs, everyone is doing fine but i'm afraid of missing something, and i want him to be the happiest he can be... what do you ladies and gentlemen think this is?
It could be a small cyst, or some healing damage. Keep an eye on it--there are surgical options if it starts to grow and affects his ability to swim
(and if you can afford that or have the tools to address it yourself).

FerretsLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can manage that, he is in the 'ferrets/living room' so i spend a lot of time with him. And if i need help or tools, i work for exotic vets so i could ask them, i kinda like a reptile but in the water ahaha.. thanks for the response.

FerretsLover

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It could be a small cyst, or some healing damage. Keep an eye on it--there are surgical options if it starts to grow and affects his ability to swim
(and if you can afford that or have the tools to address it yourself).
Just so you know, in less than 10 hrs the 'bubble' is gone!! Not a clue what was that. But i'm happy for my boy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom