Betta with ulcer

1. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

My girl, Bella, a 2 1/2 year old female betta, has what I originally thought was a tumor. Maybe that's what it started as, but now it's an ugly ulcer. :(

I am treating her in a separate 5 gallon, with clean water, salt, and melfix and pimafix, both at very small doses. I have also offered her antibiotic pellets soaked in garlic guard but she hasn't eaten any.

The wound is on the top of her nose, and it started out as a bump. Last night it opened and was red, with white on top, and from closer inspection, starting to fungus.

Today, I can't see the fungus, but its still white, and not so nice looking.

I thought I'd start this thread to go through the treatment of an ulcer/tumor, in the hopes that it could aslo help someone else. Of course, other suggestions are welcome. :)

I know Bella's not a young girl, but she is otherwise in very good health (she appears so), so I have confidence that she can beat this.

I may decide to change her treatment if this does not do the trick, but for now, I'll wait and see.

I tried to take some pics, but sorry, they are not great.

Attached Files:

2. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Loose the prima and mela. Replace with Marcyn 1+2 combo. More streangth, much safer and can be used in full dose. At 2 1/2 i think shes still got a year or 2, possibly 3 in her.

3. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Great advice, thank you, Soltariankinight.
    I started out with pim and mel only because thats what I had on hand. I figured it was a risk, but if it worked, it would save me $ getting other stuff. I know others have used them both with bettas successfully, so it was worth trying. So far, no ill effects, and it does seem to be helping.
    Hmm.. not sure what I'm going to do now . . .
    I'll take a pic of her today, as it does seem to have gone done a little.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Aww, poor girl.
    Good luck, I hope she gets better.