Betta with some scales sticking out

oliviawilliam2017
my girl has a few scales sticking up under her pectoral fin. i found that she had an ammonia spike in her tank, it was up to 1ppm :( i did two water changes and got the ammonia down to 0ppm. i believe this happened because i wasn’t siphoning her leaf bed well enough, she’s in a blackwater tank. two weeks ago she had a small fungus spot on her dorsal fin that i treated with paraguard and it quickly went away. it went away in about 3 days and i continues treating 2 days after the spot was gone, so in total she was on the med for 5 days. i treated the whole tank, she was not moved to a quarantine. it’s now been about a week since the spot has been gone and this is now happening to her. her behavior is completely normal, if i hadn’t seen these scales like this i wouldn’t have suspected that anything was wrong with her. if anyone can let me know what they think is going on please let me know. someone else told me that they think this is the same infection that has just come back, but i would like some more opinions

2F609DD1-16A6-4D41-9A99-028164EC78F9.jpeg

0563FF7D-CBC5-440F-AB3F-1452F44F11FA.png

8EE6D9B9-0F84-400C-AF51-326A5C726A3A.png

SouthAmericanCichlids
Not really good with identifying diseases but looks a little like dropsy, most of the fins look like they're pineconing.

AggressiveAquatics
It does look like dropsy. Which unfortunately is very hard to cure. You can try salt baths and fasting to see if it will help

SouthAmericanCichlids
I think I heard feeding peas helps, I don't know for sure, that could've been a dream, may want to look it up.

Betta'sAnonymous
If she the only one in the tank, can treat with kanaplex. A daily epsom salt bath in a seperate container for about 15-20 minutes as well.

About the most effective treatment for dropsy, but not always successful, as it is often fatal.

Seamus111
From the internet, I am very pro on HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. This is a quote: Increasing oxygen diffusion into the water column helps to stall the reproduction of the bacteria associated with dropsy. If you can't add an airstone, increase oxygen with hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, the 3% solution you find at the local drugstore. 1 teaspoon per gallon.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom