Betta With Severe Fin Clamp! Help

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by BetterBettaBuddy, Apr 12, 2018.

1. BetterBettaBuddy

BetterBettaBuddyNew MemberMember

So I took a trip to Petsmart on my lunch, to buy my HM Black Orchid a leaf hammock, and while I was there I spotted this very sad little guy. A dragonscale, veiltail with SEVERE fin clamp..it is the worst I've ever seen. His water was cloudy from too much ammonia, and you could tell he was in a very bad way. I told the manager who said if I want him I could have him, since he is obviously sick, and probably wouldn't make it. Well I took him back to my office, and placed him in a 1.5 gallon heated quarantine tank, added a few drops of bettafix, and now I'm just hoping he comes out of it. Am I missing anything..is there anything else I can do to help him come out of this?

Attached Files:

2. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231Well Known MemberMember

I wish I knew what to do to help you but all I can do I pray for all the little fishies.

3. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hi, this is probably caused by his poor conditions while kept at the store.
    I would make sure that the water is always at 78 or above, and make sure his water is extremely clean, with a good source of filtration, but avoid strong flow.

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Daily water changes! No filter because he probably cant swim, and have a low water level so he can breath. IM sure his fins are pretty when not clamped.

5. OP
    OP
    BetterBettaBuddy

He didn't make it through the night..:(

6. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231Well Known MemberMember

Aww:( that sucks...i'm sorry

7. CanadianFishFan

Im sorry he didn't make it, it looked like he was too far gone. He could have been very stressed to. At least you gave him a cozy safe loving warm home for his last moments that wasn't dying in a store. If you have your receipt you can get your money back and find a new rescue. SIP little veiltail.

8. OP
    OP
    BetterBettaBuddy

The manager had given him to me, for free.. she didn't think he had long to live either..

9. CanadianFishFan

Even better, at least she understood! I need to try that when i go on monday! I always hear them pay full price for a betta whos so sick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice