Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello fellow fish people!

Today I’ve come with a question. My past few bettas have had this odd pooping thing where they won’t poop for a few days, then all of the sudden they’ll poop this big lump. They aren’t constipated, I feed high fiber and frozen foods, the poop is squishy as normal (I know TMI) but I was wondering if this is just what bettas do or if I’m doing something wrong. I’ve noticed this is almost always accompanied by fin chewing but I have no proof as of now with this fish. I’ll insert a few pics and you can tell me what you think. FYI the breeder box is only temporary until I figure out what’s going on and his fins heal up from some minimal damage.

Attachments

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m glad mine were dainty fellows. Not sure I would’ve enjoyed plooping.

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks for relieving a bit of stress, good to know that some bettas just do that.

Biiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My current betta sometimes has poops like this lol. Some are tiny some are MONSTERS lol. I used to have a double tail betta and his poops were swirly!!!!

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One of the girls in my sorority's poop looks like a terra cotta plort vase, with the swirly ploot on top. And they're all heavy I try to suction them out, and nothing!

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
One of the girls in my sorority's poop looks like a terra cotta plort vase, with the swirly ploot on top. And they're all heavy I try to suction them out, and nothing!
Good news everyone he pooped another weird little poop today he is normal. He just has big poops.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom