Betta with Kuhlis??

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Now that I've decided to can the idea of a female Betta community in my 20, I have some extra room and ya know Kuhlis are just so awesome... ;D I'm assuming they'd be compatible, but I thought I should post to make sure.

Btw for anyone curious here is my current tank plan (I'll try not to change it again...
1 female Betta
6 Pygmy Cories--assuming my lfs stocks more sometime (I have 3 at the moment)
3 Kuhlis--if ok'ed
Mist & Marble, who btw are showing no signs of tb and are doing great. Might as well ask here, anyone (Rose?) remember when I put them in their q tank? heh heh I sorta forgot to write down the date... :-[

OR if Kuhlis not compatible add Panda Cories/more Otos

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I talked to Butterfly about the Sidthimunki loaches that I got being okay with a Betta and we decided that it was okay...I do not see that Kuhlis would be different.

I think that Mist and Marble have been in the q tank for a couple of months now..close as I can remember. YAY M&M!!!! ;D

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kuhlis are truly awesome The only problem I see with having them with a betta is that Kuhlis are usually really tiny when you get them and the Betta may think they are worms.
Give them some cover and keep an eye out for tehm.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Kuhlis usually sold at my lfs are not that small so I don't think there will be a problem. They will have some time to grow too since the Betta is coming last, and who knows how long it will be before I am ready for one since I haven't been able to find more Pygmy Cories.
Is there anything special I need to know about Kuhlis? They eat about the same stuff as my Cories do, right?
Hmmm I guess I shouldn't have posted this in the Betta section, but oh well. Thanks for the help Rose and Carol.

Oh by the way I think M&M are a month and a half to two months in q. I'll figure it out exactly soem other time. I'm going to have to start calling them my miracle fish.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kuhlis will enthusiactically eat anything that hits the bottom, bloodworms, shrimp pellets,veggie wafers(have to break them in fourths), flakes. They do need a variety though.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sweet ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom