Betta with infection (HITH/other?)

Buganjimo

Hi, I could use some help with my new betta!

5.5 gal tank, cycled with media from my 20gal, all the paramaters are normal, pH is 7.6 and I have been doing water changes 2x a week, temp is 78 and I have an aquaclear20 as the filter

a couple days ago I noticed what I thought were pinholes but I cant tell if they are or they are just normal sensory holes, but the next day his left eye was cloudy and slightly inflamed, so I started treating him with betta revive baths nightly. I did that for four days with minimal improvement, and his other eye got slightly cloudy as well. I gave him a break last night, and today his eyes dont seem to as cloudy but they are not clear, and the left one now has what looks like a tiny translucent string coming from it. I havent been able to get a picture that captures it though, he wont sit still lol.

Other than his eyes, he eats well (he is incredibly picky), I give him pellets and frozen bloodworms once a week, and is super active, likes to swim along the sides of the tank and explore, as well as in the (small) current of the filter. It is ironic because I have not kept bettas in a long time as they get sick so often, and as soon as I brought this guy home I noticed this. it is what it is I suppose :)

I attached the best picture I have, his eye got worse after this picture and has since gotten better, maybe just a bit more cloudy in this picture, as well as the small string now. I dont know if they are pinholes bit you can also see them in this picture. (the white spot is not fuzzy nor has it changed, i think it is just his pattern or he lost a few scales before I got him possibly)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 4.24.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 4.24.39 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

BigManAquatics

Sounds more like popeye. If it is both eyes, probably should treat with something like kanaplex.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BamaBetta
Replies
Views
kachibi
Replies
Views
Rachaeljuno
Replies
Views