Betta With Gbr?

1. Fahn Well Known Member Member

Female gbr and male plakat betta in a 46 gallon. Will be planted mostly with carpeting foreground plants with a moss-covered bonsai as the centerpiece hardscape. GBR has been living there for months, betta not yet added. Aside from shrimp they will be the only inhabitants. Chances of this working?

2. Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Lots od people said no to me about them in my 10 but since yours is a lot bigger they might say yes but not sure???!!

3. Fishpuns Member Member

I don't think I'd keep a betta with a cichlid, seems too risky

4. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't keep a Betta with nothing else but a snail and even at that I'd be little worried. This really depends on the Bettas personality and also the rams personality, but I just think it's a ticking time bomb even in a larger aquarium , your Betta might not like that bright blue fish in its sight.

imo a Betta would be more comfortable in a 10g alone then in a 46g with other fish.

5. Princethepurplebetta Member Member

You could do 6+ cory cat fish and depending on the betta and how planted you tank is you can get some mollies or platies (dont do flashy fish that resmble bettas like guppies)

6. kayla.s Well Known Member Member

I'd give it a shot IMO :) just be ready to move one out if things go bad.

7. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Depends on the bettas temperament, really. Another factor that was mentioned before was coloration. Is your GBR very blue, or more like mine and very dull, almost no blue on him?

8. Fahn Well Known Member Member

Dull, more grey

9. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I would not recommend keeping betta with other fish in general, definitely not with a cichlid.