Betta with fungus, lost her :(

1. AnneRose

AnneRose Valued Member Member

Hey everyone,

You guys know I recently acquired a female betta in my 10g tank. Well, about 5 days later she developed fungus on her eye and her fins, and about 5 hours later she died :'(

I really don't understand, the parameters in my tank were more than perfect! No ammonia, nitrites or nitrates, and a pH of 7.4. Temperature was about 25 °C. The other guppies are perfectly healthy and barely ever interacted with her as she was always hiding or swimming lower than them.

DDK pets think that she might have been sick before I bought her, that it was just invisible at the time. I'm really sad and kind of scared to buy other fish at the moment.

Thought I'd share the sad news with you, only you can understand how upsetting fish loss can be!

2. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

I'm so sorry for you, DDK is probably right, it's not likely to become sick and die so quickly, I'm sorry!

What did you do to check the health before you bought the Betta?

3. OP
    OP
    AnneRose

I looked at her colours, they seemed to be vibrant but maybe I was wrong. She didn't have any white fuzz but it might have been developing, as DDK said. She was a bit lethargic in the little box, but when I put her in the aquarium she seemed to be active.

4. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

hmm, well I'm sorry for you, I know how it sucks, Bettas are my best animal friends.

by the way, is that you in the profile picture? GORGEOUS!

5. OP
    OP
    AnneRose

Yes it's me! Was taken by a professional photographer, she made it look good haha. Thank you very much though, very sweet ;):;thx