Betta with cloudy eye!

NearMeBettas

What is the water volume of the tank? 39 gallon paludarium
How long has the tank been running? Almost a year

Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 79° F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 4 fiddler crabs, 6 bronz cory catfish, and an 8 female betta sorority.

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? 25%
What do you use to treat your water? Water conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Vaccuum

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API test kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 4
pH: 6.9

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Twice a day
How much do you feed your fish? The corys a pinch, the female bettas until their bellies are plump, fiddlers eat the scraps
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Fluvle bug bites, Northfin veggie ( for corys sometimes), Northfin betta pellets, Northfin bug crisps, Northfin community, New Life Spectrum, frozen and live mosquito larvae.
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? I don't feed frozen. I though out the mosque larvae and feed a little bit at a time.

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 3 days
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? This morning (I have been away and my mom took care of her. I hot her shipped to me and arrived last Saturday. She was slow to eat yesterday night but she looked normal. I added her into the paludarium and she had cloudy eye this morning.)
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? She has a white ish film over both of her eyes
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Yes, I moved her to a 2 gallon cycled quarantine tank with a heater and hide. It is 79°. I put a little less then a tsp of aquarium salt on the tank pre-dissolved in her water.
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? She was not doing supper well when I got her. They didn't fast her so their was A LOT of feces in her water. She perked up in about a half hour though and ate.
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? She has a hard time eating and misses most of her pellets. She has a white ish film over both eyes.

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
When I went to check on her this morning she had a cloudy film over her eyes. I moved her to a quarantine tank and started treatment. She ate, but had an extremely hard tome finding the pellets. She is still active and alert. I do not have any clear photos and can not provide any as my camera in junk.

BigManAquatics

Does she happen to be a dragonscale?

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

Does she happen to be a dragonscale?
She is a galaxy koi. Can they be dragon scale? How long will it take for her eye to clear up?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Not sure for either. Was just wondering though, because dragonscales often get like a clear scale that grows over their eye.

Upvote 0

Rose of Sharon

I think that you're doing the right thing with the QT tank and the aquarium salt. The issue may be because of the condition of the water that she was in when you got her. Hopefully it clears up with a little TLC, good water, warmth, and good food.

Good luck!!!!

Upvote 0

NearMeBettas

I think that you're doing the right thing with the QT tank and the aquarium salt. The issue may be because of the condition of the water that she was in when you got her. Hopefully it clears up with a little TLC, good water, warmth, and good food.

Good luck!!!!
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Luckyscale2003
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views