Betta Will Not Eat Pellets

Paige98

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got a new betta on thursday and so far the only thing I can get him to eat is frozen blood worms which i know can't be his entire diet. My other betta loves his pellets and eats as much as I will give him. I feed the new life spectrum betta pellets but this guy will not touch them. Help!!

Paige98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Platylover said:
Tried soaking them in garlic? Other than that maybe try betta flakes or bug bites(found they work pretty well ok fish that “aren’t” supposed to accept dried foods) if you need a dry food.
Do I need to buy the garlic soak fish stuff? Or just put it on garlic that I have in my kitchen?

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Either, although you don’t actually put it on garlic, you have to soak it in garlic juice. There’s how to’s if you google it.

gracerig

Reaction score
I've had better luck with flakes than pellets. One of my bettas will eat any food I put in front of him, but the other two will only eat flakes that have been slightly crushed up.

Paige98

Valued Member
Reaction score
gracerig said:
I've had better luck with flakes than pellets. One of my bettas will eat any food I put in front of him, but the other two will only eat flakes that have been slightly crushed up.
I have a pretty high quality flake food but it's not betta specific. It's the omega one tropical flakes. Would that be a good staple diet if I can get him to eat it?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom