Betta White Spots

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by cosminandrei01, Jul 18, 2019.

1. cosminandrei01

cosminandrei01New MemberMember

upload_2019-7-19_0-32-40.png Do you know what these white spots on the fish s pectoral fins might be cause this is my first fish and im not really experienced i received him as a gift in a bowl and bought him a 25 litre tank with filter and heater without knowing about the nytrogen cycle so i moved him in a 10 litre tank with heater and daily water changes till de other aquarium is ready , but now i just saw this white dots and wonder what may be and what treatment should i do if its bad

2. david1978

david1978Fishlore LegendMember

If the spots move or gets more it would be ick. At least that's what it looks like to me. Others on a computer may have a better idea. Sorry I use my phone so pics aren't the best.

3. OP
    OP
    cosminandrei01

thanks for replying i was actually thinking about it being fungus but i really dont know the differences

4. david1978

Fungus on fish is rare. It requires dead tissue. This looks like pretzel salt to me. So more like ick. Fungus or even a bacterial infection would be a bigger area and sort of fuzzy looking.

5. OP
    OP
    cosminandrei01

Thank you, in case it is ick , could it be treated with jbl punktol plus, as it says it is anti white spots

6. david1978

Looks like it should work.

7. FishLeGeNd

FishLeGeNdValued MemberMember

You have ich in the water

You need to replace some of the water then treat it with medicine

My fish have ich right now and I am treating them now

8. OP
    OP
    cosminandrei01

I dit change the water every day 50%since then , and put sera baktoclean direct pill in the water and in 20 hours from staying in with the pill the spots seemed to have disappeared

9. FishLeGeNd

FishLeGeNdValued MemberMember

That's good