Betta Upgrade

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Nneji, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Nneji

NnejiNew MemberMember

20170804_191833.jpg20170804_191858.jpg For the past few months I've been trying to set up a new 10 gallon tank for my Betta who was being housed in a tiny 2 gallon tank. (bought it before I did enough research) Today the process is complete. Cycle finished, tank readings were spot on (almost, pH gave me some trouble) and she has acclimated swimmingly....haha
    As far as plants go, I have her original Anubias, a new Anubias, a Rosette Sword and at the top is an Umbrella plant that I didn't realize was semi aquatic until I got home so it's an improvisation at the top there. There are also 5 apple snails? or at least the big one was sold as an apple snail. The little ones were free since they might get eaten. Selina has nipped at one a few times, but now she just swims up to it and moves along.
    It's only my second tank, first one being the 2 gallon. Any suggestions on things she might need or things I'm missing? It's cycled, filtered, and heated to a nice 80 degress.

2. Bailey Oswald

Bailey OswaldWell Known MemberMember

It looks really nice! I've heard swords can get pretty big, but haven't had any myself (I will someday, hopefully soon).
    Did you say it was a female betta? Fins are pretty long. Love the color!

3. OP
    OP
    Nneji

NnejiNew MemberMember

Definitely female. Was labeled as a veil tail when I bought her but she's a double tail so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. Can't see the yellow in her tail to much in the picture but it's bright when you're face to face with her!

Sent from my LGMS330 using  

4. minervalongWell Known MemberMember

Great tank, beautiful girl. About every month, I change the decor around, move it to new spots, restack the rocks because bettas love to explore. I've got one that keeps poking his nose into a castle door that is waaaaaaaaayyy too small for him to get into, but nevertheless, Mikey keeps looking lol.

5. OP
    OP
    Nneji

NnejiNew MemberMember

Eventually I will have rocks I can restack, but this one is just a solid piece I picked up from PetSmart. The snails seem to be enjoying it. She really seems to like the blue rock at the bottom for the "river", keeps hanging out under the bridge with one of the bigger snails lol

6. minervalongWell Known MemberMember

Just swap the two features side to side, or one in front of another, or add a small something and then take it out after a bit.

7. OP
    OP
    Nneji

NnejiNew MemberMember

Now that I will definitely try to do! Thanks for the advice!!

8. minervalongWell Known MemberMember

Bored bettas can sometimes become self destructive, I've even put a minimirror hooked to a bobber and just let it float around. Legos work too, you can design a city scene, leaving plenty of open passaged, then take it out, rebuild and voila, a new city.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice