Betta Tumours

Platylover

hello, my Betta, Dalisay, has had an odd lump on his tail and his face for several months now. I’m not certain when they appeared, but I noticed the facial lumps(not necessarily a lump, but a bumpy growth) around September-October. The tail would have been around October to November. I’ve also just now noticed a lump in his top fin.

What’s concerning me about this is the fin lumps have grown. Initially the tail just looked like a small lump within the tail, but now it’s more so clear and obviously filled with fluid. It used to be a fair bit smaller as well.

The facial lumps does not seem to be that much bigger since the initial sighting, but it appears to have grown slightly.

Dalisay has always been missing an eye and has had a deformed face, but these lumps are certainly new. He’s still acting normal, active and curious. Always swimming around (you think a blind Betta would be more sedated!).

I’ve considered cutting the lumps off his tail and dorsal and applying some biomed since it’s just on the fin, but the fact it’s seemed to spread has me a uncertain as to what to do.

Here’s some of the information-
10g tank
Mystery snail as only other inhabitant, added a month ago
Planted
Temp is around 78-80f
Cycled
Last time I check params the nitrates where at 5 and the others at 0
API master test kit
Feed bug bites as primary

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 9464B366-206D-4702-91BA-F330F8B97648.jpeg
    9464B366-206D-4702-91BA-F330F8B97648.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 375AAC64-A523-4C16-B7A6-D62A1ACEB141.jpeg
    375AAC64-A523-4C16-B7A6-D62A1ACEB141.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 51
  • F47CB179-27F0-4A1F-BBA9-822ABA138D06.jpeg
    F47CB179-27F0-4A1F-BBA9-822ABA138D06.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 51

Repolie

Yes he does have a tumor on his face. As for the ones on his fins they aren't exactly tumors, but I would describe them as... blisters? Nothing much can be done about all of those, They're usually harmless, shouldn't affect your betta and is just a cosmetic issue.

Since they're harmless and shouldn't affect him, I don't see the need to do anything against them as that would be stressful and you're creating open wounds.

Platylover

Yes he does have a tumor on his face. As for the ones on his fins they aren't exactly tumors, but I would describe them as... blisters? Nothing much can be done about all of those, They're usually harmless, shouldn't affect your betta and is just a cosmetic issue.

Since they're harmless and shouldn't affect him, I don't see the need to do anything against them as that would be stressful and you're creating open wounds.
My concern is that they could begin to affect him. Although it isn’t an issue for him currently, I fear they could continue to grow and then cause him discomfort, but he to close to the body to do anything about. Obviously there’s nothing I can do for the facial tumour.

It’s just odd to me that he’s having these issues now and the fact that there’s multiple blisters. Perhaps he’s a poorly bred Betta and the deformed face was not from an injury but rather bad genetics and these blisters/tumours are another sign of this.

Thanks for your input.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nikm128
Replies
Views
thepianoguy
Replies
Views
kellerjake2004
Replies