Betta Tumor?? 5 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Bahamut11, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Bahamut11Valued MemberMember

My Betta has a tumor on both sides of its fins on the bottom area, and now it looks like a growth is spreading to the rest of his body. I tried Pimafix with no luck. It seems like it might be a fungal infection. It's a bit blurry, but I snapped a pic below:

Any thoughts on remedies/cures? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

It is probably a tumor, there is nothing we can do for them. PimaFix is a nono for bettas. not goo for their respiratory system.

3. SimonrNew MemberMember

Sorry bud looks like a Tumor. There's nothing you can do. Just hope he's not in pain or showing any signs of distress. Sorry again loosing fish is awful.

4. aquaticat

aquaticatWell Known MemberMember

Really sorry about your betta Bahamut :( I know how it feels to have a dying betta and not be able to do anything for them save make them comfortable. Very sorry!! :(

5. OP
    OP
    B

Bahamut11Valued MemberMember

, so he's a dead fish? Also, my betta has no issues with Pimafix. It doesn't seem to affect him, but it has a strong smell!

I may get another betta, but I plan on moving in August and focusing my attention on a dog.

6. soltarianknight

soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Pimafix kills slowly, mostly causing respiratory damage to the fishes labyrinth organ, you can't see it or notice it until they start breathing funny. One dose shouldn't be too bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice