Betta tank

1. PythonTheBetta Member Member

I thought I'd share my humble little tank setup with you all (please don't yell at me, I realize it's a small tank but it's an upgrade from the last tank and I'm getting ready to cycle a 2.5 gallon) [​IMG] She's currently mad at me, today is her once-a-week fasting day. [​IMG][​IMG]
    My tank maintenance supplies, food, conditioner, a scrub brush and an incredibly useful sponge.[​IMG]
    Conditioned water for the next water change(I do daily changes)
    [​IMG]
    And the turkey baster, used for sucking up poop and any other debris. I've also been using it to sort of aerate the tank, blowing bubbles to stir up anything laying on the bottom of the tank)
    [​IMG]
    And finally the empty 2.5. I still need to buy more rock and, more importantly, either TSS or Seachem Stability. Trying to figure out ways to baffle the filter too, the current seems a bit strong. Perhaps you all can help with that? It's a National Geographic Half Moon Oasis and the filter cartridge goes in diagonally. [​IMG]
    One more picture of Python because she's being very photogenic tonight.

2. Ihaveacactus Member Member

Python looks lovely! That red really pops. I've seen people baffle filters with old plastic bottles fitted to catch and redirect the flow when it comes out.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKJjQQ8i-o

3. PythonTheBetta Member Member

I've seen the plastic water bottle idea before but with variations. I like that idea of just redirecting the flow, I'm going to try that. Thank you!