Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Geoff, Jul 31, 2015.

1. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Well I didn't buy that $50 60g tank/stand combo from PetSmart, but I did buy a 5.5 gallon setup for a betta on my lunch break today. I hope I don't regret this!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Impulse buys during lunch breaks are bad...

3. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Congrats on the new tank!

4. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Is there even such a thing as regretting purchasing a tank for a betta?? :D Congrats on the new tank, and post pictures! :D

5. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Not so much regretting a betta tank, but regretting another tank, period. I don't do well with multiple tanks.

6. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Too late, looks like you might've already caught MTS........

7. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I already had it once, so hopefully I've built up some immunity haha

8. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Judging from your actions today, I don't think you can build up immunity to it. *Sobs dramatically* There was just, nothing that could be done for you, it was too late, the MTS was too strong!!!

Lol, on the other hand, congrats again!

9. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

5 gallons are easy though. Even changing half the water every day is not as much work as a 55 if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Well here it is. My new 5.5-gallon betta tank...sans betta. It's a little cloudy but hopefully it will clear up soon. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  11. DrSahlValued MemberMember

Looks great im0

12. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Thank you. Here's a long shot.

13. DrSahlValued MemberMember

Wow :D that looks pretty great I love the floor as well and the rest of the room (its a nice contrast) well done

14. JoyToTheFishesValued MemberMember

You bought a new tank on your lunch, lucky!

Lol, my two cents

15. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Wow, it looks awesome!!! :D Have you decided on what tail type of betta you want?

16. Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Looks great! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

17. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

My favorite LFS was having a special sale tonight from 9-12, just about everything 25-40% off. So I drove in (an hour one way) and got myself what they called a Whiteseam Super Delta. Not really sure what that means, but he's a good looking little dude. I also got a few more lambchop rasboras for my big tank and a nerite snail buddy for the betta.

18. DrSahlValued MemberMember

I look forward to see how that Betta looks, I've only had crowntails.

19. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Here he is. He was labeled a whiteseam super delta at the store. His fins look a little tattered though. I'm still trying to figure him out. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with him or with the tank setup. He usually sits at the bottom and doesn't do a lot of swimming around. He does go to the surface from time to time and he did eat when I fed him a couple flakes this afternoon. I thought maybe the filter current was too high for him. So I put on a prefilter and stuffed more media into the filter. That didn't seem to help much though. I also added an airstone. And the temp is around 80.

20. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

As long as his environment is fine then he might be kinda shy, imo. Both of mine "hated me" when I first got them home, one would flare at me (I think that was my fault though), and the other one (my current one) was very inactive and would hide away from me. The latter one is still fairly inactive, but he does come to see me now. I'd give it some time, does he react to your being there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice