Betta Tank

Marinedude17422

Reaction score
So I've been asking around and posting, and since I live in a small apartment, I've decided to set up a 1.5 (hopefully 2) gallon Betta bowl. I would also like to add a shrimp or two to add another dynamic element to the tank. I have moss balls and cholla wood ready to go, but do you guys have any advice on starting this? Thanks!

I have a 29 gallon planted community so I could use that if I need to cycle stuff

Thetanknwebie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello! Your betta will be much happier in at least a 3 gallon tank with a heater and filter. I know Petco is having their dollar per gallon sale but the smallest tank they have is a 10g. I'm sure your betta would appreciate the roomy tank! I think you made another thread on a filter for a betta tank and you mentioned you had a 29 gallon right? Well I just bought a 29 gallon at the dollar per gallon sale and I purchased the pet owners Brooklyn style metal tank stand and I will have my 10 gallon shrimp/betta tank under it.

LiterallyHydro

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
A bowl wouldn't work for fish for a variety of problems. It's also too small to house a betta, where I would not put them in anything smaller than a 5 gallon.

New Threads