Betta Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Marinedude17422, Jul 8, 2015.

1. M

Marinedude17422 New Member Member

So I've been asking around and posting, and since I live in a small apartment, I've decided to set up a 1.5 (hopefully 2) gallon Betta bowl. I would also like to add a shrimp or two to add another dynamic element to the tank. I have moss balls and cholla wood ready to go, but do you guys have any advice on starting this? Thanks!

I have a 29g planted community so I could use that if I need to cycle stuff

2. T

Thetanknwebie Well Known Member Member

Hello! Your beta will be much happier in at least a 3 gallon tank with a heater and filter. I know Petco is having their dollar per gallon sale but the smallest tank they have is a 10g. I'm sure your betta would appreciate the roomy tank! I think you made another thread on a filter for a betta tank and you mentioned you had a 29g right? Well I just bought a 29g at the dollar per gallon sale and I purchased the pet owners Brooklyn style metal tank stand and I will have my 10g shrimp/betta tank under it.

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed, a betta needs more space, and since it's a bowl, I wouldn't have any fish in there.
    Red cherry shrimp would work.

4. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

A bowl wouldn't work for fish for a variety of problems. It's also too small to house a betta, where I would not put them in anything smaller than a 5 gallon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice