Betta Tank Setup And Behaviour

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Heather2131, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Heather2131New MemberMember

I've had my Betta for about 3 or 4 days now and although I do see him swimming occasionally out in the open he spends the majority of his time playing/hiding around the filter area to the right of the tank, behind the castle and plants and under the filter.

If you looked at the tank you'd think there was no fish in it, or you may be lucky to see him come out from under the filter.
    Is this normal Betta behaviour?

IMAG1169-3504x2628.jpgIMAG1154-3504x2628.jpg

2. Lorekeeper

LorekeeperWell Known MemberMember

Well, he's probably been in an extremely small tank or a cup for most of his life. Give him time to adjust.

You might add some plants to the open area in the front of the tank to make him feel a bit more secure, and not so exposed.

3. OP
    OP
    H

Heather2131New MemberMember

Well I think he was in a community tank for a while then he was in a really tiny tank for maybe a few days or a week

Then he came to me into a 2ft tank

He barely ever uses the left side or the back of the tank where the plants and bogwood tree is

He sometimes swims back and forth along the front glass, I think probably because he wants me to feed him
    But 90% of the time he's completely hidden under the filter and castle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice