Betta tank mates

Mikel88

So I bought the fluval spec 5 and decided I want a bigger tank for a betta. I am returning it tomorrow and plan on getting a 10 to 14 gallon instead. What are some potential tank mates? Maybe a small school and a nerite snail? Any ideas? Another quick question, I have a 37 gallon already cycled and I want to try to get a quick cycle in my new aquarium. The cycled tank has a sponge filter and a aquaclear 70. I dont want to remove media and it cause a mini cycle. Any advice on what to do? Thank you

OP
M

Mikel88

AquaticQueen said:
Ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, chili rasboras, dwarf rasboras, and corydoras pygmaeus would work.

I would take the sponge filter from the 37 and put it in the new tank. An AquaClear 70 is more than enough for a 37 gallon if all the fish don't have super big bio loads.
I believe I am overstocked. My local fish store gave me bad advice on what fish to get. I'm new so I believed them. I have 8 silver tip tetras, 6 red eye tetras 6 emerald corydoras, 3 nerite snails and 2 bolivian rams. They also told me to do a fish in cycle which consists of 6 white cloud minnows. Still have 4 of them. Tried to rehome them but cant. My fish are doing good as far as I know. I do weekly 30% water changes. I test my water every week to make sure everything is good.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Mikel88 said:
I believe I am overstocked. My local fish store gave me bad advice on what fish to get. I'm new so I believed them. I have 8 silver tip tetras, 6 red eye tetras 6 emerald corydoras, 3 nerite snails and 2 bolivian rams. They also told me to do a fish in cycle which consists of 6 white cloud minnows. Still have 4 of them. Tried to rehome them but cant. My fish are doing good as far as I know. I do weekly 30% water changes. I test my water every week to make sure everything is good.
I think the AC 70 would be able to handle it. Their filters are a bit higher on GPH.

OP
M

Mikel88

AquaticQueen said:
I think the AC 70 would be able to handle it. Their filters are a bit higher on GPH.
That's good to know!

New Threads