Betta Tank Help

gmjacobsen11

Reaction score
Hey! I have 3 bettas and have been raising bettas for about 15 years. I have always had them in just bowls and they have lived for YEARS. But, I want to get them actual aquariums now and was wondering what the best tanks are for them?

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi and welcome!! The best tank size is 5 gallon.. although some would say 3.5 works too!!! I would go as big as possible!! Your fish will really appreciate the room!! If you have room for a 10 gallon I would say go for it and give each of your fish a mansion!!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello! Welcome to Fishlore!
Yes, I do agree with five gallons being the best tank size. You will also need a good filter source, which can be a sponge filter, they are gentle on the long fins that bettas have. Strong flow leads to troubles when swimming, that will cause a betta to become lethargic.
You must cycle the filter before adding the betta to the tank, do you understand how the Nitrogen Cycle works?

Bettas love plants, live plants will be great with bettas, you can also use silk plants if you don't feel like raising and growing live ones. I have used silk for many years and haven't had issues.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom