Betta Tail Tear

bio-tech1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello, So i bought this betta today, its colors caught my eye. When i got home and took a good look at it i noticed that its fin is ripped. I know that betta's fins regrow, but it is at the base of this fin. right up against its body. Is it still going to regrow? is there anything i can do to help it regrow? I attached an of him, not the best lighting, but hopefully you can see the tear.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They'll grow back. As long as the water is clean it will grow back in no time.

bio-tech1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fashooga said:
They'll grow back. As long as the water is clean it will grow back in no time.
yeah, thats what i thought. just wanted to double check. But the rip at the base, it is only ripped half way, so half is attached, and the other is just hanging from the attached half. what will happen to that? will it reattach itself?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say maybe leave it be. You see some people actually cut them but they've probably done it before...I would just leave it alone.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fashooga said:
I would say maybe leave it be. You see some people actually cut them but they've probably done it before...I would just leave it alone.
right, i'm sure the betta with deal with it ( bite it off...) or it will just die and fall off. (i've seen it before kinda weird seeing a piece of fin on the bottom of the gravel.)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom