Betta Tail Tear

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bio-tech1, Apr 19, 2018.

1. bio-tech1Valued MemberMember

Hello, So i bought this betta today, its colors caught my eye. When i got home and took a good look at it i noticed that its fin is ripped. I know that betta's fins regrow, but it is at the base of this fin. right up against its body. Is it still going to regrow? is there anything i can do to help it regrow? I attached an image of him, not the best lighting, but hopefully you can see the tear.

[​IMG]  

2. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

They'll grow back. As long as the water is clean it will grow back in no time.

3. OP
    OP
    b

bio-tech1Valued MemberMember

yeah, thats what i thought. just wanted to double check. But the rip at the base, it is only ripped half way, so half is attached, and the other is just hanging from the attached half. what will happen to that? will it reattach itself?

4. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

I would say maybe leave it be. You see some people actually cut them but they've probably done it before...I would just leave it alone.

5. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

right, i'm sure the betta with deal with it ( bite it off...) or it will just die and fall off. (i've seen it before kinda weird seeing a piece of fin on the bottom of the gravel.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice