Betta tail shape?

fluxuploll

Reaction score
i not very good at identifyin which tail type this is. Can some1 plz help me, and can some1 tell me if this guy is 12 month old or more.

im kinda bad at taking pictures too so... yerr lol

thankz anywayts

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
might be a half mooon betta..hard to really tell or it could be a regular fin..its a male...and very pretty
this is a perfect half moon betta..not all are this perfect
clear.gif

but i think yours is a veil tail check out this site it has the different types of tails

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It looks like you've got a veil tail and he's probably under 1 year old.. maybe 8 months or so. How long ago did you get him & what pet store?

fluxuploll

Reaction score
i got him like 1 week ago, and u guyz prolly wouldnt noe the shop. I bought it in hong kong at like a big pet fish market.

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
seems you gave him a very nice tank set up

Eskielvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was going to say Veil tail, until I saw his ragged fins. It looks like he's either a veil tail with fin rot, or a Crown Tail. Or, perhaps a Veil tail/Crown tail cross?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good point Eskielvr.. maybe a picture of him higher up in the water where we could check his fins better would allow for a definite answer on if he has fin rot or not.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The blue fish is a Delta not a Halfmoon.  If his fins were a Half Circle he would be a Halfmoon. The first little guy is a veiltail with a bad case of torn fins or finrot. They are both lovely fish and will be credits to their owners.

Rose

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
The blue fish is a Delta not a Halfmoon.  If his fins were a Half Circle he would be a Halfmoon.  The first little guy is a veiltail with a bad case of torn fins or finrot.  They  are both lovely fish and will be credits to their owners.

Rose
o that blue one with the black face isnt mine just got itoff the internet

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I figured it was a commercial picture but wanted to correct the information about the finnage. In order for it to be a true Halfmoon it has to be at a perfect half circle. Less than a half circle is a Delta and over a half circle is classified as OHM or Over Halfmoon. Right now I actually have 2 Halfmoons (JT and Nate) and 2 OHM (Alexander and Marty Jr.), Demon will also be OHM.

Rose

fluxuploll

Reaction score
i couldnt take any good pictures to see if its a fin rot. But when i looked closely, it fin tail thingy looked like a cross ray like a crown tail. it also had relly small white tips on each of the tail ends, didnt look like a fin rot cause it looked kinda pretty but im not sure.

here are some pictures tat are kinda fuzyy

kinda looked like this one, but a different color

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i think i'd hold off on treating him for fin rot. See if his fins change any. He sounds like he's ok from your description of the tips.

Eskielvr

Valued Member
Reaction score
He looks more like a Crown Tail in those pictures, and he looks healthy, also. Did you purchase him like that? Really, he looks nice. I really think he's a Crown Tail.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
From the way his fins are spread he's a crowntail. The pic you posted from Geosites is a crowntail. My RJ is DDR Crowntail. Here is a pic of him. He looked a lot different then what he looks like now. His fins have grown a lot since I got him. If I can I'll post a before pic now and an after pic later so you can see what they look like now. It's actually going to be in my previous post about him arriving.

I'll post more recent pics of him later. Like I said he has changed a lot in just the couple weeks that I've had him. it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow since I received him. Wow how time flies. I hope these pics help a little. His fins aren't spread out too much, but you can tell that he is a crowntail. Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom