15 Gallon Tank Betta swimming only on one side of the tank

ToOthleSS04

My new Betta, Sakura, just swims on one side of the tank. Is it because it prefers that side or is there something wrong?

BigManAquatics

May be as simple as too much flow on the other side of the tank.

Rose of Sharon

Or is she seeing her reflection in the glass on that side of the tank?

ToOthleSS04

Nah the flow goes upwards
Or is she seeing her reflection in the glass on that side of the tank?
It's a he, and idk it may be

PeterFishKeepin

would you be able to post a full tank photo???

perhaps he feels safer on one side to the other as there may be more hiding places, plants, decor..etc

Does he happen to be on the side of the tank where the heater of the tank is?? perhaps he is cold?

Im not sure what to say just popping some ideas out there.

JustAFishServant

PeterFishKeepin is right - take a picture of the situation then we can comment. Otherwise it's a guessing game.

ToOthleSS04

would you be able to post a full tank photo???

perhaps he feels safer on one side to the other as there may be more hiding places, plants, decor..etc

Does he happen to be on the side of the tank where the heater of the tank is?? perhaps he is cold?

Im not sure what to say just popping some ideas out there.

IMG_20220807_145723.jpg
He always stays there and rarely goes to the other sides of the tank

PeterFishKeepin

Perhaps filter intact is to strong, meaning he is going in corner furthest from the filter.

Moderately planted so no issues there

His fins look damaged, perhaps stress is why

Rose of Sharon

He's very beautiful!!!! :emoji_heartbeat: And that's a very nice looking tank, too!

If I can see his reflection in the glass, and I can, then he can see himself, too. So there may be more than one reason for his behavior.

You can try dimming the light and see if that helps. Bettas don't like bright lights. I had to put Indian almond leaves against the glass in my tank to stop my betta from constantly looking at himself and flaring. I leaned the leaf against the glass, and proped it up using part of the substrate and a plant.

kansas

Floating plants might help it feel safe so it moves around more.

ToOthleSS04

Perhaps filter intact is to strong, meaning he is going in corner furthest from the filter.

Moderately planted so no issues there

His fins look damaged, perhaps stress is why
I bought it from my local store, he was with some tetras but he's not stressed bc of me
Floating plants might help it feel safe so it moves around more.
My other Betta, Casper, would explore the whole tank and it remained the same since
He's very beautiful!!!! :emoji_heartbeat: And that's a very nice looking tank, too!

If I can see his reflection in the glass, and I can, then he can see himself, too. So there may be more than one reason for his behavior.

You can try dimming the light and see if that helps. Bettas don't like bright lights. I had to put Indian almond leaves against the glass in my tank to stop my betta from constantly looking at himself and flaring. I leaned the leaf against the glass, and proped it up using part of the substrate and a plant.
Thank you ☺️! And last, i have a driftwood that seems a kind of brown root that constantly drops tiny pieces, then they gather and for a sort of "dust". Is it good or not? I find it pretty unnerving sometimes

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sunflower430
Replies
Views
Addictedtobettas
Replies
Views
Rachel K
Replies
Views