Betta swimming along glass

Zeeee

Reaction score
HI so I’m fairly new at fish keeping I’ve done research online but I was wondering if you guys can help me? I have a 10 gal tank with a betta and 6 neons tetras it’s been running for about a month and a half and my betta seems to be swimming along the front glass of the tank often. The tetras and betta tend to ignore each other so I don’t think they have any problems I have a heater and filter and I keep up with my water changes so I’m not sure if there’s a problem? Advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Myyyman

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Water parameters? Betas tend to glass surf when they want food. Sometimes they’ll fight their own reflection. Is it swimming strangely, any signs of fin rot?

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Zeeee said:
HI so I’m fairly new at fish keeping I’ve done research online but I was wondering if you guys can help me? I have a 10 gal tank with a betta and 6 neons tetras it’s been running for about a month and a half and my betta seems to be swimming along the front glass of the tank often. The tetras and betta tend to ignore each other so I don’t think they have any problems I have a heater and filter and I keep up with my water changes so I’m not sure if there’s a problem? Advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Betta splendens are very inquisitive, and will definitely notice you as an owner. As stated above they will swim on the glass in hopes of getting some extra food. Mine used to actually jump at the lid when I walked past the tank

New Threads