Betta Swim Bladder Problem?

rrbauer96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One of my bettas has these two bumps that appear to be bulging out on one of his sides. I thought it might be a swim bladder issue but he always swims completely center balanced. Any ideas?
20180315_180045.jpeg

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
More than likely an internal tumor. A lot of bettas seem to be getting tumors nowadays. If it was his swim bladder then he wouldn't be swimming normal. All you can do is keep his tank and water conditions in tip top shape with plenty of resting places near the surface of the water.

rrbauer96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
More than likely an internal tumor. A lot of bettas seem to be getting tumors nowadays. If it was his swim bladder then he wouldn't be swimming normal. All you can do is keep his tank and water conditions in tip top shape with plenty of resting places near the surface of the water.
I thought that might have been the case Thanks for the advice. I just don't want him to suffer.

ah_fish_

Reaction score
Hmmm, my betta had swim bladder, but it definitely did not look like that. Get a side view of him. If it was swim bladder I would expect him to be laying on his side. Keep an eye on his scales as well. They look like they might pine cone (a sign to dropsy). Or it could just be the view. I'm not 100% sure about any of this, but I'd look into it.

rrbauer96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm, my betta had swim bladder, but it definitely did not look like that. Get a side view of him. If it was swim bladder I would expect him to be laying on his side. Keep an eye on his scales as well. They look like they might pine cone (a sign to dropsy). Or it could just be the view. I'm not 100% sure about any of this, but I'd look into it.
Yeah his scales on the part where there's the bumps slightly push out unlike the rest of them. I will definitely get a side picture here in a few.

rrbauer96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
1521166236108.jpeg
1521166267058.jpeg

I tried to get both sides of him

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom