Betta Swim Bladder Problem?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by rrbauer96, Mar 15, 2018.

1. rrbauer96

rrbauer96Valued MemberMember

One of my bettas has these two bumps that appear to be bulging out on one of his sides. I thought it might be a swim bladder issue but he always swims completely center balanced. Any ideas? 20180315_180045.jpeg

2. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

More than likely an internal tumor. A lot of bettas seem to be getting tumors nowadays. If it was his swim bladder then he wouldn't be swimming normal. All you can do is keep his tank and water conditions in tip top shape with plenty of resting places near the surface of the water.

3. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

I thought that might have been the case :( Thanks for the advice. I just don't want him to suffer.

4. ah_fish_

ah_fish_New MemberMember

Hmmm, my betta had swim bladder, but it definitely did not look like that. Get a side view of him. If it was swim bladder I would expect him to be laying on his side. Keep an eye on his scales as well. They look like they might pine cone (a sign to dropsy). Or it could just be the view. I'm not 100% sure about any of this, but I'd look into it.

5. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

Yeah his scales on the part where there's the bumps slightly push out unlike the rest of them. I will definitely get a side picture here in a few.

6. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

1521166236108.jpeg1521166267058.jpeg
    I tried to get both sides of him

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice