Betta + sucking loach = good or bad?

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i'm considering getting a betta to join the tetra tank. i'm sure the tetras and betta would get along fine, my only query is whether the sucking loach would? i was told when i bought it to avoid flat bodied fish or big fish particularly gouramis and angels as he would suck onto them and hurt them possibly kill them. so obviously i'm now very wary of which fish to put in there. as bettas are more fin than body really, do you think they'd be ok together. thing is if the betta causes a problem i havent anywhere to move it to as the guppy tank is a def no! and not entirely decided on what else is going in the newest tank yet. would rather have the betta in the most established tank so it doesnt endure a mini cycle should one happen in the newest tank. any thoughts or ideas.........what do you reckon?
Tan

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Bettas are also rather slow fish normally which might also make it vulnerable. I'm sure the tetras are way too fast for the loach. I'd be inclined to avoid adding a betta to this situation.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
poefox said:
Bettas are also rather slow fish normally which might also make it vulnerable. I'm sure the tetras are way too fast for the loach. I'd be inclined to avoid adding a betta to this situation.
oh dear.....that means another tank then...............

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
don't you mean "Yah another tank!!!!" :

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Timesdragonfly said:
don't you mean "Yah another tank!!!!" :
lol!!! i'm running out of space!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator