Betta stuck, Seriously injured

oliviawilliam2017

i just found my boy stuck in a small house i had in the tank for my shrimp. i am so lucky to have found him before he suffocated. he has serious injuries to the top of his body, the bottom of his body and his right eye. he seems to be acting semi-normally, he is able to swim. i moved him to a hospital tank and dosed with stress guard.

should i be able to put him back in the main tank? if i do this i will be double dosing stress guard and monitoring parameters daily.

edit: i tried to feed him pellets and frozen blood worms soaked in vita chem and he’s not interested in either. he isn’t moving much but he is not on his side or anything concerning.

46507C16-F089-4C00-AF60-222B603F2E7A.png
3ABDCA8E-7597-46C0-95FA-FFE57427916D.png
B8DBB13C-BC80-4DFE-843D-A94342F22C61.png
0A4B86E4-3219-426C-A0B4-C9F211942A78.png

Katie Dawn

So sorry this happened. We can't know how things will turn out, but you'll be giving him the best chances of recovery by keeping his water Very clean. "Keep the water pristine" is what a very experienced fish keeper told me when my betta jumped out of the tank and had injuries since he was there for awhile before I realized he got out. So liberal water changes.

I've never had shrimp so I don't know if he would be fine in there with them or if it would be better to separate him. We want to keep life calm and easy on him for a bit. Hopefully someone else can give you advice there.

I'm quite sure you've removed whatever he got stuck in, but I'm mentioning to make sure.

Keep the lights off for several days. It will be less stimulation and allow for better rest.

He may not eat much for a few days. That's ok.

Expect him to be pretty lethargic for awhile. You and I would just want to lay still and recuperate after a big injury too.

You've done the right things. Keep that water clean and just wait and see what happens. If you start seeing new problems definitely check back in!

oliviawilliam2017

So sorry this happened. We can't know how things will turn out, but you'll be giving him the best chances of recovery by keeping his water Very clean. "Keep the water pristine" is what a very experienced fish keeper told me when my betta jumped out of the tank and had injuries since he was there for awhile before I realized he got out. So liberal water changes.
I've never had shrimp so I don't know if he would be fine in there with them or if it would be better to separate him. We want to keep life calm and easy on him for a bit. Hopefully someone else can give you advice there.

I'm quite sure you've removed whatever he got stuck in, but I'm mentioning to make sure.

Keep the lights off for several days. It will be less stimulation and allow for better rest.

He may not eat much for a few days. That's ok.

Expect him to be pretty lethargic for awhile. You and I would just want to lay still and recuperate after a big injury too.

You've done the right things. Keep that water clean and just wait and see what happens. If you start seeing new problems definitely check back in!
thank you for your reply!! right now i’ve got him in a hospital tank with only a half gallon water, half of which is tank water and half is bottled. the whole hospital tank has been dosed in prime and double dosed in stress guard. i have an air stone and heater in there for him. i hope i’m doing everything correctly. i don’t see why he would pass away from this, as nothing vital has been injured (as far as i know) so i really hope he pulls through. thank you again, i will keep you updated

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank SBD in new betta
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
SquidBones
Replies
Views
BellaFriedrick
Replies