Betta Stopped Building Nests

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Nightshadethebetta, Apr 20, 2018.

1. NightshadethebettaValued MemberMember

My little Betta Fish, Nightshade, used to make bubble nests frequently when I first got him a little over a month ago. He would build them just about every week! But he suddenly stopped making them :( Maybe he just grew out of it? He’s also flaring at me, which is a new behavior. He’s still eating and loves to explore the tank, so he seems healthy and happy. Any advice on this sudden change in behaviors?

2. BuganjimoWell Known MemberMember

There’s no problem in him stopping, some bettas (most) will go through periods of time making bubble nests then stop, then eventually resume. It’s just breeding behaviours and its normal to stop. I don’t know about the flaring at you, but he’s probably just getting used to you.

3. KamaileValued MemberMember

Sometimes my males will fan their fins at me (once they recognize me) when they're excited about getting fed. Sometimes they even flare their gills, but it doesn't seem aggressive like if I were to put them next to another male. They just seem excited to me. Maybe that's what's happening with yours?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice