betta spawn

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
Im going to try HM. But what should i use to seperate the males and the agresive females? Im going to try and keep the pesfull females together in a 20g tup. But what containers should i use for the males? 1g or more is preferable but im in canada and we dont use Gallons. How many leaters is ok? Also what do you use as containers for the fry?

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think what you want is 20 liters and up for your tank for a male betta. They CAN be kept in small tanks or bowls but they do not thrive like they would in a larger one. What part of Canada do you live in? In Alberta they have the Imperial and Metric systems on the boxes.

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ontario. 20 L seems a lot..... remember im not keeping all the bettas im growing them. they are going to homes after.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think most breeders keep the males in 1 liter tanks but only one in a tank and the girls can be kept together. But I believe the usual minimum tank is about 210 liters for a female tank for them to grow up in. To grow bettas is an expensive process. and they take daily water changes of 50% in each and every tank for their fins to develop correctly. This is a time consuming and labor intensive process and why many people do not take on the job of breeding bettas. It is a lot of work!!!! And takes a lot of equipment.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom